Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cold, Raining...wishing for some fuzzy socks

Today has been the first day I have really woken up amazingly cold and had to layer up only to get to class to un-layer. The plus side of the cold weather is seeing all the  pretty scarfs and coats that  both male and female pull off very well :). It is definitely a reason why I try just a little to dress up in the mornings lol.

Every day I walk 30 minutes towards the Arno river  to get to school. It is a beautiful walk, I pass by the Duomo to feel like a tiny person and  through Piazza Republica to end up to see the morning sunlight  hit the lonely Ponte Vecchio ( the only time it is not crowded). The walk everyday gives you enough time to really wake up see the few Italians who are "matineros" (morning people).

Well,  today like I said was cold and studying in a big cold flat with no comfy pull over to wear and cozy socks that usually would borrow from my roomie  made me just miss the Sb weather where it is probably not as cold as here. I even thought that if I was actually there I would want to drive down to Oxnard to eat seafood and do that peaceful drive up again to Sb but I stopped myself and actually thought about the fact that I cold here in Florence and how in only two weeks I might be actually feeling what being cold really mean. I took a study my first study break to look at the weather in Sarria (where I will be beginning my walk) and it is not looking that there was much sunshine. Then I decided to see the post of some of the pilgrims that are actually walking right now and their post really began to make all this more real. All said they were drenched and many took taxis because the weather was very harsh. Reading the post did scare me a bit but also it gave me a little thrill of what I am actually going to do. Everyday as it gets close I get more excited and find myself pondering more of all my thoughts I have. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment